My work is new in that world of Art, but quite trendy and unique i hope.
We have to save everything and stop throwing : I need Buttons, leather, laces, skins of fish skate to complete my pieces.
Inspiration ? Monsieur Christian Lacroix, Haute couture & Mister karl Lagerfeld of course.
Diagnosed with cancer in 2010, i used to spend 25 years of my life as a travel guide.
BIANCA TOSTI, L’Artista
So, i had to spend one year at home I wanted to get my mind busy. My mother was a seamstress when i was young , i found a lot of buttons at home and i start.
The first one took me 9 months like a childbirth.
What is fantastic for me is : That i have no Art formation and i do not even known how to make a straight line.
No disease, no Art for me. Old ladies gave me boxes of buttons to go on that way and now here i am.
I work looking through my boxes of buttons ans start choosing some. Time by time, they find their place on the mannequin and a masterpiece is usually born after 3 and that become a art plastic sculpture.
But don’t asked me the finality of the sculpture, i never known really.
Design and great things i guess are done by series of small thinks brought together.
- Galerie Pictural, in Monte-carlo, 2011
- Hôtels in Cannes 2013/2014 (Renoir, Rézanne****)
- Galerie Arista, in Cannes 2012/2015
- ArtMonaco, 2014
- Galerie Lumel in Biot, South of france
- Artistes du Monde, with Marina picasso, in Cannes, 2014
- Hôtel Plaza, 2 months, in Nice
- Permanent exhibition at Restaurant le Chaperon Rouge, in Cannes